Sunday, September 25, 2011

Miscellaneous Cooking

Well, the past couple of days have been pretty uneventful in the kitchen.  After the bad-egg fiasco that was kinda nice.  Thursday and Friday night were dinners out with Justin's colleagues, first at Our Village, a north-Indian restaurant with a beautiful view of Boat Quay - highly recommended.  Friday night was traditional Chinese, which I would not recommend and won't waste my time speaking about it.

However, over the past couple of days I did manage to bake these Lemon Muffins with a lemony glaze:


They were a nice treat, and my colleagues seemed to like them, but I think I'm all lemon-ed out for a while.  I threw a bunch of them in the freezer for a rainy day because I couldn't possibly eat them all.

Last night I made pizza - a regular staple in our home.  I honestly think my husband would love me more if I just figured out how to get all life's nutrients into pizza form for dinner every night.


This one was a bit of a kitchen-sink pizza.  Since we hadn't been to the store we just grabbed all the veggies we could find an added it.  This time it was onions, green peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, and green olives.  Turned out pretty good.  Justin (aka the mixologist) made some pretty awesome pina coladas with this rum:


They tasted heavenly.  I was going to make some molten lava cake with this cute little ramekin my friend gave me for my birthday one year but the pizza was pretty filling.

So nothing too exciting in the kitchen lately, but I'm going to make a (hopefully) pretty sweet din-din which I'll share later.

No comments:

Post a Comment