Friday, September 9, 2011

Finally, a post!

Truth be told, I haven't cooked anything all that fabulous this week.  Sure, there was a pork and vegetable stirfry and some M&S indian food...but no REAL recipes.  Wednesday night we met friends for dinner here which was a nice treat and a great location.

But today had to be different.  I've been wanting to try this Rachael Ray recipe all week and now that I'm coming down with a cold I thought it was a great night for some soup.  I am sometimes a bit wary when it comes to 30 minute meals from any cook, but from the time that I started peeling the potatoes until I had my first bite only 35 minutes had passed.  Another big plus was that I also had time to clean along the way.  Here's the awesome soup:


It was delicious and I would definitely make it again.  There's tons leftover and I know Justin is going to love it because it is SPICY!!  I added an extra chipotle pepper which I probably wouldn't do again because it does take away from the other flavours.

Although I'm feeling a little under the weather, I'm still looking forward to our little get-together tomorrow night.  Right now I'm in the process of making red velvet cupcakes which are looking beautiful!  I've also got a bunch of other appetizer recipes that I'm looking forward to making tomorrow.  Should be a good posting!

No comments:

Post a Comment