Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Workout Wednesday

My knees hurt.

I have a half marathon to run on Sunday morning.

These two statements don't go well together.

A small part of me is thinking that I shouldn't run this race on Sunday because I'm going to be in pain the whole time.  But a larger part of me is saying that I'm a pansy and should suck it up for a couple of hours and do this thing or else I'll regret it forever.

This battle has been going on in my mind for the last week or so.  I've tried extra stretches, training on treadmills, and I even bought some new shoes, but nothing seems to be working.


I'm actually getting more excited about this race than I have been for the past few months.  I'm  looking forward to accomplishing it and even though I probably won't make a PR I'll feel pretty darn proud of myself.  I guess that's why I sign up for these things in the first place - to have something measurable to work towards and then feel a sense of pride and, dare I say, power when I've completed it.

I just hope I can complete it.


Maybe I need some NEW measurable goals other than running my butt off.  Any suggestions on what I should try next?

1 comment:

  1. I think you can thank your new shoes for helping you complete the race! Well done! x

    ReplyDelete