Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Training Day - 1

So today I officially began my half marathon training.  That gives me about 13.5 weeks to train for this one, about the same length of time I trained for my last HM.  However, as I've said before I'd really like to improve on my time and that means more runs, longer runs, and sprinting to increase my speed.  Over the past few weeks I've found it really difficult to stay motivated or even to get out of bed in the morning - I'm really hoping that by blogging about my runs I can keep up some level of motivation so that I can increase my endurance.

I really do like running.  During some of my best runs I feel that I almost get into a meditative state and I can really push myself.  This weekend I'm going to try to use the virtual runner tool on my running watch to try and increase my pace a little bit.  10k this Saturday - hope all goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment