Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Baking

Last night I made these snickerdoodles and the recipe turned out really well!  I was impressed at how my cookies looked almost identical to the ones in the pictures on this blog.  Normally in Singapore, with the heat and humidity being so high and my oven been quite small I often suffer with burnt or underdone cookies.  I will definitely use this recipe again.

This morning while eating my breakfast I decided to flip through my copy of "Jamie's Dinners" and found a whole bunch of great stuff to make with puff pastry.  I'm going to keep that in mind over the next few weeks, that's for sure.

My running schedule will be posted soon, I promise!  With my 10k coming up in about 6 weeks I need to get my speedwork up as well as my endurance.  I am looking into getting a hydration belt or pack soon - the "Fuel Belt" brand seems great, but is about a 60% mark-up in Singapore!!  I tried to see if I could order them online but no-can-do....oh well I might have to shell out the cash in order to stay properly hydrated.


No comments:

Post a Comment