Friday, April 12, 2013

Asian Recipe #1

Although the Texas BBQ, Tex-Mex, and countless other temptations have been pretty exciting to try lately, Justin and I have been craving some Asian.  So....I decided to flip open my new cookbook for the first time!


I decided to go with something easy, but also delicious.  Thai Green Chicken Curry might possibly be one of my most favourite dishes of all time.  It's creamy, it's spicy, and full of fantastic vegetables.  In fact, I have made green curry before, but never outside of Singapore and also this was a slightly altered recipe that I hadn't used before.


Obviously, I had to make a few modifications to the recipe.  I wasn't going to find Kaffir Lime at the local grocery store, or pea-eggplants either.  However, it is on my list of to-do's to find an Asian supermarket in Houston, which I'm sure exists somewhere.  Then I am going to go TO TOWN on these recipes.


The curry turned out good, however I wasn't overly pleased with the curry paste that I had purchased at the grocery store.  It wasn't nearly spicy enough, and was missing some essential flavours.  NOTE - if you come visit me from Singapore, please bring me some Dancing Chef curry paste!!! That stuff is the best!


I had a great time making this recipe, and it also made me think of my friend Philippa who bought me the book, as well as Rob Sparrow and Ada Wood who signed the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment