Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Mostly Moved In

Hello!

Justin left for Calgary yesterday morning so I'm missing you all a little bit extra today :)

Despite all the travel and crazy appointments we have had over the last few days, I've been able to unpack almost all of our condo and set things up nicely, which means that I'm finally comfortable with showing you all pictures of our new home.

Walking through the front door, this is what you'll see - Kitchen is on the left.
We are currently living in the Montrose area of Houston (which is the 4th largest city in the US).  We are within walking distance of a couple of restaurants and a Whole Foods (yay!) but most other things are driving distance.  Our condo is an 8 story building and we are on the 7th floor, facing into the complex, which means we have a great view of the pool.

Living room with Justin's long awaited TV
Our balcony, with pool below.  Hopefully I can keep some plants alive out here!

So far in Houston we have been getting beautiful blue skies and the temperature max's out at around 70 degrees Fahrenheit or about 20 degrees Celsius.  There is usually a cool breeze, which means I'm always packing a light sweater whenever I leave the house.  Don't worry, the temperature is slowly starting to climb where it will peak around July.  I've heard the summer months can be pretty unbearable.  Maybe I should get a part-time job at an ice cream store or something!

Kitchen - with Island and granite counters.  It has lots of space for all my gadgets!
Office Nook with Laundry on the right
Our Master Bedroom has great space, but I have no idea what to do with it all!  Any suggestions would be great.  We're also in the market for a bed frame and headboard.  I'm thinking upholstery, but any suggestions on that too would be great!!

Master Bedroom - right now, a little boring!
But loving the twin sinks and walk-in closet!
I'm really enjoying our new place.  We have signed a 6 month contract and can renew as long as we like.  I imagine we'll be living here for about a year before we'll be able to buy a house.  However, the place we've got now is pretty great and I'm not really in any hurry to pack up all our stuff again!

Still working on the spare room - don't worry, it will be ready for your visit!
PS - That's Justin in the bow-tie!

No comments:

Post a Comment