Wednesday, March 14, 2012

February

I can't believe that it's March and how long it's been since I made my last post!!

Am I getting sick of blogging? No.  But, for many reasons, I needed a break.

Over the past few weeks I have tried to conquer a few items on my Bucket List.  Including a lentil dish, pavlova, lamb shank and a beautifully decorated cake - but they all flopped.

My red lentils were mushy and tasteless.

My pavlova was raw and deflated.

My lamb was fatty and tough.

My cake was never even made since I went to 3 different stores and failed to find frosting - can you believe it?!  This is the kind of mayhem I have to deal with in Asia.  I'm sure many of you are thinking, "Jessica, you call your self a baker and you didn't MAKE your OWN frosting?"  That is correct.  First of all, Betty Crocker frosting is delicious and I'll eat it with a spoon if you give me one.  Second, I was making this cake at a friend's house who had no baking supplies so I couldn't make it from scratch.

I have a tendency to remove myself from situations that I'm not doing well at since I don't want to feel like a failure...anyone else feel that way??  As such, I've still been baking and cooking, but nothing new and nothing too adventurous.

So yeah, lots of flops in the Kitchen.  I did make a batch of Zucchini muffins and Banana Squares - but they're old news and not my recipes anyways.

What have I succeeded at in the past 6 or so weeks???

I read The Hunger Games Trilogy.  And it changed my life.





If you are wondering what book to read next - PLEASE get yourself a copy of this book.  It is super easy to read, action packed and the ending of the series will take your breath away.  I stayed up until 12:30 on a Tuesday night to finish the third book and then cried myself to sleep (partly because of the ending and partly because the series was over and I think I'll never get to read anything so fabulous ever again).

I also made some pretty amazing flaky crescent rolls (also another Jenna masterpiece) which were buttery and so reminiscent of the Pillsbury rolls we used to eat as kids.

I've also been to Cambodia, have been steadily preparing for SOMEONE's 30th birthday, coaching basketball and of course, marking tons of Humanities projects.

Stay tuned...more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment